When you mention the two words PEANUT and BUTTER to my 15 year old son, you’re bound to hear “Oh my gosh, I want some!” I’m pretty sure the only word he loves more is BACON. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheese Ball recipe is a perfect appetizer for any party or just great to have around on the weekends. Plus, it’s not hard to make which is a definite plus in my book (I’m not known for being all that talented in the kitchen). If you’re a chocolate & peanut butter lover like my son, you’re going to love this recipe!
Stir until smooth. Add the Vanilla and stir to incorporate.
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2/3 C Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 ¼ C Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ¾ C Peanut Butter Chips
- ½ C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl combine the Cream Cheese, Peanut Butter, Powdered Sugar, Cocoa Powder and Salt. Stir until smooth.
- Add the Vanilla and stir to incorporate.
- Place the mixture into the center of a piece of plastic wrap 1 ½ - 2 feet long. Bring up the corners and form the mixture into a ball. Give the ends a twist and place the ball in the freezer for 1 hour. Reform the mixture into a ball if it flattened out and return to the freezer until firm, 4 hours – overnight.
- Before serving remove the ball from the freezer and let sit 10 minutes.
- Add the Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips to a bowl and roll the ball to coat.
- Hold the ball in one hand over the bowl and fill in the bare spots with chips using the other hand pressing in with the palm of your hand.
- Serve with an assortment of your favorite cookies, crackers, pretzels or apple slices.