Recently, my fiancée’s family dog, Halo, came to live with us. This is the first time our kids have had a dog before (other than when Halo would come visit for a week here and there). The kids have loved having her here and it’s been great for teaching them responsibility.
One of the things we’ve made sure to talk to the kids about it making sure that she isn’t being given any foods that aren’t dog-friendly. A lot of the time, the kids will say “Can Halo have ______?” and we’ll either know right away if she can or can’t or we’ll Google it to find out. It’s been very interesting to see some of the things that are dog-friendly and some of the things that aren’t.
This recipe for Banana Pumpkin Dog biscuits will make your four-legged friend very happy! Halo loves having banana in the morning sometimes and we know that they provide a lot of vitamins and minerals (but should be used in moderation because of the sugar content). Pumpkin is also good for dogs, as it’s a great source of fiber and helps with keeping them regular. With just a few ingredients and a fun cookie cutter, you’ll be able to make fun, healthy treats for your pet!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour plus 1 Tablespoon
- 1-2 Tablespoons water
- In a large mixing bowl, mash a very ripe banana with a fork. Add the pumpkin purée, flour and 1 Tablespoon water. Mix well.
- Dust your workspace with 1 Tablespoon of the whole wheat flour and place the dog biscuit dough on top and knead 8-10 times. Add 1 Tablespoon of water if the dough is too dry.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to about 1/4" thickness. Cut into cute dog bone shapes with your cookie cutter and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 10 Gym Bag Essentials for the New Year - January 14, 2018
- HALO Bassinest Glide Sleeper Giveaway - January 8, 2018
- “Owl Always Be Your Friend” Printable Valentine’s Day Cards - January 4, 2018