The VTech product, gift card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by VTech.
The VTech Kidizoom® Smartwatch
With so many kid’s electronics on the market today, it can be hard to figure out which ones are the best for your child. I won’t lie, I have gone through my fair share of products, even with doing extensive research. There is one brand though that has never let me down – VTech. Our InnoTab is constantly being fought over between my two children ages 3 & 5.
We recently had the chance to test out one of VTech’s brand new products – The VTechKidizoom® Smartwatch.
Why we are loving the VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch:
- My son can easily take photos,
- Add photo effects like frames, filters and distortions.
- Record his own videos,
- He can play 1 of the 4 built-in games or I can download more for him in VTech’s Learning Lodge
- The 1.4″ color touch screen is perfect for little fingers and is so easy to use.
- There are no complicated directions or anything to read – perfect for non-readers.
- Telling time is a hard skill for children to learn and the Kidizoom makes it easy with 50 digital & analog clock displays.
- There are no batteries to buy or replace – recharges right through a USB port.
- There’s also an alarm clock and stop watch.
- The voice recorder is fun to use to create 5 different fun effects.
- While you cannot submerge the watch in a pool or bath, it is splash and sweat proof making it perfect for your child to wear everyday.
- Like other V-Tech products I have, the Kidizoom is very durable for the wear and tear that kids put on their toys and electronic devices.
Our thoughts on the VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch:
While the watch is recommended for ages 4+, my 3 year old who is advanced for her age had a lot of trouble figuring it out. My son, at the age of 5, I think is the perfect age to start to use the watch.
It’s really opened up a world of creativity for him. I’ve noticed that the camera is thought out to where he doesn’t need to lift and steady his arms at the same time of pressing any buttons. The camera is quite clear too. I’ve noticed that since using the Kidizoom, my son enjoys playing more imaginative games with his toys again. Believe it or not, this electronic device has gotten him off of other electronic devices and back to the basics of playing with cars, action heroes and more. He has been making up little videos of him playing with them or of the toys playing.
Some criticism on the VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch:
The battery takes about 3 hours to fully charge, which in the world of a child is a very long time. But, I have found when it is fully charged, the Kidizoom Smartwatch is able to be played with for a day or more. Also, the storage space is very minimal. If you know children and cameras, they just click away without a thought or censor. So, the storage does fill up very fast and my son becomes frustrated. I have to plug it in, download the pictures (which is a very easy process) and free up some space for him.
The VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch retails for $59.99 and comes in 4 fun kid-friendly colors – blue, pink, white and green.
One lucky reader will win a VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch in their choice of color ($59.99 MSRP). To enter, follow the steps in the entry form below! Giveaway is open to US readers (sorry no PO Boxes), 18+, one entry per household. Ends 9/5 at 11:59pm EST. Good luck!
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- Bring Back Your Own Childhood Memories with Lincoln Logs - November 25, 2014
- Space Scouts Review & Giveaway – Win a One Year Subscription ($174 value) - November 24, 2014
- Marie Callender’s Comforts From Home Project - November 22, 2014