This post brought to you by Gulf County, Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
This winter has been a long, cold season for a lot of my friends. Wouldn’t it be nice to get away on a vacation to somewhere sunny? What about a place that is warm, with lots of beaches and somewhere you can take your entire family?
Boasting 43 miles of natural shoreline, Gulf County, FL is known for having white-sand beaches, amazing sunsets (GCFL is known as the #championofsunsets) and many family friendly activities for you to enjoy. From seaside bike trails and kayaks to stand-up paddleboards and snorkeling, there’s something for everyone in your family.
GCFL beaches are consistently ranked in the top ten US beaches to bring your pets on vacation so your entire family really can all be together and enjoy your fabulous vacation. Leashed pets are welcome on the beach and a lot of the rentals homes openly welcome your furry friends.
If you’re looking to relax and enjoy a vacation without the interruption of the world, GCFL is the place to go! With so many different spots to visit, where would you head to first?
- Port St. Joe – Located on the shores of St. Joseph Bay, Port St. Joe is a fantastic place for walking, shopping, fishing & dining. Always active, you can charter or rent a boat, head on out to fish, clean your catch & the area chefs will even cook it for you! It’s also home to the St. Joseph Bay Buffer Preserve, which is one of the last remaining Buffer Preserve’s in the state of Florida & is an area dedicated to preserving a range of threatened coastal habitats and species.
- Indian Pass – If you are looking for quiet beaches with great fishing, then Indian Pass is just right for you! With a permit, you can enjoy beach driving or take your family fishing, crabbing, grilling or enjoying an evening bonfire. For a wonderful place to stay, the award-winning Turtle Beach Inn is nestled in pines, for anyone that needs to enjoy the peace & quiet. Like camping? Indian Pass Campground lets you camp in a natural setting with waterfront cabins, RV sites and primitive campsites surrounding Indian Lagoon.
- Cape San Blas – This 17-mile long barrier peninsula, offers surf & white sand beaches on the Gulf side or smooth, shallow water on the bay side. Families love this spot because it’s beautiful, quiet, a great place to watch the kids play in the sand while you read a great book or head out on the beach to look for shells. With so many different things to do at Cape San Blas (biking at Loggerhead Run bike trail, horseback riding on the beach, canoeing, kayaking, snorkeling), this is the perfect, relaxing getaway!
- Wewahitchka – This is a place I’d love to explore! Wewahitchka (or Wewa as the locals call it) is a beautiful town with one stop light & a slower way of life. Wewahitchka is a Seminole name meaning “water eyes”. Wewa provides some of the best bass fishing in the nation. It’s also the home of Dead Lakes, which is a water-based graveyard of bottom heavy cypress skeletons, stumps and knees. Dead Lakes RV Park has had some recent additions and makes it the perfect place to visit & get away. With RV and primitive campsites, restrooms, showers, laundry facilities, a playground/ picnic area, and boardwalks over the lakes, you have a great time relaxing an enjoying yourself. Wewahitchka also boasts one of Florida’s largest beekeeping operations. For over a century, the beekeepers have harvested world famous Tupelo Honey from the Apalachicola River Basin.
Come visit GCFL, where you’ll be able to enjoy so many great sites, events and spend times with the ones you love. Now through April 17th, you can enter to win a getaway to Gulf County, FL! It’s super easy to enter too! Here are the rules:
- Get outside. Snap a picture while doing what you love. Be real. Be messy. The sweatier the more beautiful.
- Post your picture to Instagram.
- Tag it #GCFLnofilter & @gulfcountyfl, and make sure to let them know what you’re doing in your shot
- That’s it. You will be automatically entered to win a free Spring getaway to Gulf County.
Each week, for four weeks, one person will win a package that includes a 3-night, long weekend stay during Spring, $200 to help with travel expenses and $150 to spend in one of the fun places in Gulf County, FL! Four winners, Four great prize packs! Like GCFL on Facebook and salute real beauty!
Plus for EVERY contest entry, GCFL will donate $1 to Outdoor Nation, a movement helping to connect kids and teens back to the outdoors. Below, you can see the picture I sent out on Instagram, my kids playing outside, me sitting watching them and almost falling asleep in the sun. If I close my eyes, I’ll just imagine I’m on a beach in the Indian Pass area of GCFL! Seculded beaches, I can almost feel it now!
What would your favorite thing to do at GCFL be?
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- Back to School Shopping and Saving with Kohl’s - August 17, 2017
- Keeping Kids Full with Nature Valley XL Bars - August 16, 2017
- Saving Money on Summer Road Trips with Walmart Family Mobile - August 7, 2017