I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for TruGreen. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Summer is coming and while I have to admit that I am NOT a fan of the hot weather that will be coming soon, there are a lot of things about Summer that I do love. One of those things is being able to be outside with the family, having BBQs and just spend more quality time together. There are so many things to do outside from playing sports to riding bikes, having picnics at the park or days spent at the beach.
When you invite people over to your backyard this summer, you probably want it to look at as beautiful as possible. A beautiful yard means more time outside doing the things we love and less time inside, watching TV or spending too much time on all of our devices. TruGreen, America’s #1 lawn care company, wants families all over to get outside and enjoy their yards!
It’s not always easy to know HOW to get a nice, healthy yard though. Here’s a few tips to get you started:
- Don’t cut your grass too short (you only want to cut about 1/3 of the height of the grass each time you mow). When you cut your grass too short, you aren’t letting the roots of the grass get longer and that will result in less water getting to the grass.
- When you do mow, leave the grass clippings on the ground. Not only will this give the grass more nutrients, it also means you will have to fertilize your yard less.
- Most lawns need about one inch of water each week. It’s better to do a slow, long watering than a fast, short watering. This allows the water to really work it’s way into the roots.
My family and I can’t wait to spend time outside this Summer. Living in San Diego, there are so many great places to visit by the ocean, up in the mountains and everywhere in between.
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 25 Amazing Instant Pot Recipes - February 10, 2017
- Show Off Your Team Spirit with Luxury NFL Blankets from Elite Team - January 30, 2017
- Surf’s Up 2: WaveMania and Penguin Crafts & Snacks! - January 20, 2017