Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Let’s face it, paying taxes is our least favorite part of the year but it’s inevitable that we pay them. Some people like to get them done right as their W-2’s come in the mail. I used to be like that because before I started this blog, there was only one W-2, it was easy and we got a few thousand dollars back. Nowadays, I have to deal with deductions and paying into state & federal so it’s definitely more tricky and time consuming.
However, there’s one thing that makes it a lot easier and that’s using TaxACT. I have been doing our own taxes and using TaxACT for about 7-8 years. At first, I was really worried about doing my own taxes. I didn’t want to do anything wrong but TaxACT makes it simple. Whenever I’ve had a question or wanted clarification on something, I use their search feature and have always had my questions answered.
Tax day is almost here and if you haven’t filed your taxes yet, you’re not alone! Don’t freak out though, you still have time. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Do them yourself! It’s scary at first, I know but I really have been doing our own for the last 7-8 years and haven’t had any problems at all! TaxACT makes it simple!
2. Gather all of your paperwork together. Grab your W-2’s or 1099’s and any receipts that you can use for deductions.
3. Make sure you know (or have) yours, your spouses’ and children’s social security numbers.
4. Set aside a couple hours without interruptions to get your taxes done. I know it’s easier said than done with kids. I always wait until they’re in bed to get them done.
5. Double (or triple check!) everything. TaxACT has it set up where you can run through a set of alerts that will show you any missing or incorrect information.
TaxACT is your one-stop shop for filing both your state and federal taxes. Federal Taxes cost nothing to prepare and file (that’s for everyone, you don’t have to qualify or anything!) and state only costs $19.99! So, no waiting in some stuffy office to get your taxes done or having to take off of work to squeeze in an appointment to get your taxes done. You can do them in the comfort of your own home for much less money!
Head on over and check out Taxact for yourself!
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- Promoting Health & Wellness with Boys & Girls Clubs of America - November 22, 2017
- Win a $100 Visa Gift Card - November 21, 2017
- For The Little Ones Holiday Giveaway - November 16, 2017