Even though my kids are getting older, I still love being able to do fun crafts with them. This Parrot Craft for Kids was a fun idea that we came up with because we had extra cups left over after a family party. Crafting is always better when you can use supplies you already have on-hand! Even if you don’t have extra cups, you can head over to your local dollar store & pick some up. What kinds of crafts do you like doing with your kids?
- Red paper or plastic cups
- Large googly eyes
- Red, blue, green, blue, and orange craft feathers
- White card stock
- Black marker
- Yellow and orange yarn
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Fold your white paper in half, draw a beak with the flat side on the folded edge, and cut out with scissors.
- Color the bottom half of your parrot beak with your black marker and glue to the center of your red cup.
- Glue two googly eyes above the beak.
- Wrap a yellow and orange piece of yarn around the cup about 4 times going around the beak and eyes and secure the ends with glue.
- Group 3-4 feathers together for parrot wings and glue them to the front sides of the cup with the bottoms by the bottom edge of the cup.
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 8 Math Apps Your Kids Will Beg to Play - March 28, 2018
- 10+ Fun Ways to Teach Your Kids About the 5 Senses - March 25, 2018
- 10 Ways to Plant a Garden, Even When You Don’t Have the Space for One - March 21, 2018