Summer is here and for a lot of us, that means taking vacations with our families. It usually means at least one road trip and while that can mean a lot of fun for you and your family, it can also mean a lot of planning and wondering what to pack, what to leave behind and did you forget anything important? Here is a list of Road Trip Essentials to get you started so you don’t forget anything important at home!
Road Trip Essentials
- First Aid Kit – Stock up on bandages, gauze, pain reliever for kids and adults, anti-itch cream, antibiotic cream (like Neosporin), antacids, peroxide, scissors, bug spray, sunscreen, antacids, medical tape, thermometer, motion sickness medication and aloe vera for sunburns
- Car Essentials – Make sure your car has a spare tire, a working jack, tire iron, proof of insurance, up-to-date registration, jumper cables. Make sure all headlights and turn signals work before heading out.
- Entertainment for the Kids – Books, magazines, travel games, coloring books, movies and DVD player, tablets and phones with Amazon Underground already installed. You can watch your favorite movies and TV shows from Amazon Video on your Android phone, plus enjoy 100% free apps and games only from Amazon Underground. 100% free apps, games, and even in-app items. Unlimited lives, levels, upgrades – everything!
- Snacks – Fill an ice chest with water bottles, fresh fruit, string cheese and sandwiches. Bring along granola bars, fruit snacks and crackers. You’ll save so much money bringing your own then buying anything at each pit stop.
- Technology – Tablets, cell phones, personal cell phone chargers (bonus points if it’s a solar charger then everyone won’t be fighting for the 1-2 plugs in the car!), mobile hot spots, headphones and extra batteries.
- Clean Up Help – Trash bags, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, roll of paper towels, roll of toilet paper (you never know when you’ll pull into a rest stop and there will be NO toilet paper!)
What would you add to this Road Trip Essentials list (minus your own luggage, bedding and toiletries, of course!)?
Keeping kids entertained is probably going to be the most difficult task along the way. Having things like color books, movies and tablets/Android phones already loaded with Amazon Underground will be a huge help! The Amazon Underground app includes enhanced features and access to content that isn’t available on the Amazon Shopping app that’s found on Google Play. I love it because it includes Amazon Video and 100% free apps and games. While you can find other free games at other places, Amazon Underground are COMPLETELY free! 100% free apps, games, and even in-app items. Unlimited lives, levels, upgrades – everything! No more surprise charges or kids asking for you to buy them upgrades in games!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 45 Weight Watchers Recipes to Start You on Your Weight Loss Journey - December 14, 2017
- Reindeer Treat Bags - December 8, 2017
- Build a Play Dough Snowman Kit - December 4, 2017