Truth be told, I’ve never owned a brand new vehicle. Sure, my parents owned a few when I was growing up but my husband and I have always bought used vehicles. Currently, my minivan is 18 years old so I don’t know a lot about all the bells & whistles that come with new cars (I know I sound like an 87 year old grandma as I write this!) So, when I was asked if I wanted to check out the 2015 Subaru Legacy sedan for a weekend, I had to say yes! When it was delivered to my house, I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was!
The 2015 Subaru Legacy isn’t JUST beautiful, though. It’s fully loaded and features standard all-wheel drive, with the most interior space of any vehicle in it’s category. One of my favorite things that it features is the EyeSight Driver assistance system. This lets you see what’s behind you with enhanced rear-view camera performance, so you’ll be able to back up out of parking spots or your driveway and feel safer than ever.
2015 Subaru Legacy features:
- Available in 4-cylinder or 6-cylinder models
- Estimated 26 mpg city / 36 mpg highway / 30 mpg combined
- 104.6 cubic feet in the interior, the largest of any vehicle in the midsize sedan class
- 15 cubic feet of trunk space, PERFECT for groceries
- Legacy 2.5i models have the standard Active Grille Shutter system, improving fule economy by reducing wind resistance
- Smooth, quiet ride (liquid-filled engine mounts, acoustic windshield, thicker panels in key locations (floor, toeboard, rear wheel apron, inner fenders) and expanded use of foam insulation and floor damping material.
- Keyless Access and Start System (option)
- The Infotainment System features STARLINK™ connectivity with Aha™ and Pandora® smartphone integration
- Optional 7-inch display screen, featuring an interactive voice command system (let’s you change the music, the temperature in the vehicle and much more)
- High-end stereo system
My Favorite Things about the 2015 Subaru Legacy
• I expected to not be able to fit my family of 5 in this car. My oldest son is over 6 feet tall, I’m 5’11” and my husband is 6’3″. Add in two more kids and I was sure it just wasn’t going to happen. However, we did all fit and tooled around San Diego in the car. Now, I don’t think I would want to ride for a long road trip with the five of us, but it definitely has more interior room than I was expecting.
• The trunk space was another area I was impressed with. Having a family of 5 means I’m buying a lot of groceries and I need space to drive them home, not to mention all the other things I seem to always be lugging around in my van. My van is on the small size and really doesn’t have much space at all in the back for cargo. I was thrilled to see how large the trunk was in the Legacy.
• I loved the Dual-zone climate control. My husband and I are as different as can be when it comes to how cold/warm we like our environments. I’m always hot & he is generally cold. With this, I can have the temperature on my side set to a much lower temperature than his is. Also, with the voice-activated system, you don’t to reach over to change the settings. Simply press a button that is on the steering wheel, say if you want the temp higher or lower (and on what side of the car) and it will respond to you and make that change. Love that!
• Having the rear camera made me feel more secure backing out of our driveway and alerted me to the fact that one of our neighbors was pulling up behind us. It also works great in crowded parking lots.
• On both of the side mirrors, when you’re driving and there is a person in your blind spot, a little icon lights up, alerting you. Great feature!
All in all, I was very pleased with my weekend drive in the 2015 Subaru Legacy. The Legacy has a starting MSRP of $21, 695. You can find out more by visiting Subaru on their website and also on social media: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 10 Ways to Plant a Garden, Even When You Don’t Have the Space for One - March 21, 2018
- Creating a Bedtime Routine for Older Kids - March 14, 2018
- Finding Your Personal Style with AXE Hair Care Products - March 13, 2018