It’s no surprise to anyone that knows me that I dislike cooking…VERY MUCH! There are days that I wish that I was one of those people that loved cooking & showing her love for her family through the meals she makes. Other days I wish I would have married a chef who loved to cook up new & exciting things (sorry to my Engineer husband!). But reality sets in & I know I need to fix food for my family and simple is what I really need. But most nights, I never know what to make & I hate recipes with a ton of meal prep & clean up! So, whenever I can find a quick family meal that everyone loves, I am one happy momma!
Kraft has a new product called Kraft Recipe Makers & I was asked to try one of the flavors out & see what I thought. I headed over to Wal-Mart to check them out & was pleasantly surprised at how many different ones they had! There was everything from New England Pot Roast, Hickory BBQ Beef for yummy sandwiches, Three Cheese Chicken Florentine, Sweet & Sour Chicken & many more. I tried to think about which one would make all 5 of us happy and I chose the Verde Chicken Enchiladas.
Included in the box of Kraft Recipe Makers was the Creamy Ranchero Filling Sauce (you mix that with your shredded cooked chicken) and 2 packets of Tomatillo Finishing Sauce (one packet goes under the enchiladas, the other covers the top of them). Two savory sauces + your fresh ingredients = One Delicious Meal.
Preparing the enchiladas was super simple. Here is the recipe & ingredients list:
Verde Chicken Enchiladas
4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 package (18.2 oz.) Kraft Recipe Makers Verde Chicken Enchiladas
12 corn tortillas
1 cup cheese (well, that’s what it said on the box but I went with 2 cups)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray
3. Combine chicken and Creamy Ranchero Filling Sauce in a bowl
4. Cover bottom of dish with ONE packet of Tomatillo Finishing Sauce
5. Spoon about 1/4 cup of chicken filling into each tortilla, then roll it up. Place them in the dish, seam side down
6. When all the tortillas are filled, pour the second packet of Tomatillo Finishing Sauce on top and spread evenly
7. Cover with cheese (I like LOTS of cheese!)
8. Bake 15-20 minutes or until finished. You could garnish this with olives, tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream or so many other yummy things!
And that my friends is it! How simple is that?! My husband and my 14 year old son LOVED them. I kept hearing over & over how good they were & my son keeps asking when I’m making them again. My 10 year old daughter wouldn’t touch them but that is truly not a surprise. We don’t call her Miss Picky for nothing! My 5 year was skeptical at first because when he heard enchiladas, he thought I was making another kind that I usually make & that he loves. After a couple minutes of whining, he finally tried the enchiladas & proceeded to polish off an entire enchilada.
Now that I know how yummy the Kraft Recipe Makers are & how truly YUMMY they are, I can’t wait to try another kind. I’m stuck between the Hickory BBQ Beef & the New England Pot Roast. Which one of the yummy flavors would you choose?
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 45 Weight Watchers Recipes to Start You on Your Weight Loss Journey - December 14, 2017
- Reindeer Treat Bags - December 8, 2017
- Build a Play Dough Snowman Kit - December 4, 2017