Are you an organized person? I’d love to say yes but then I’d have to show you my desk and you would all know I am a liar! I always have good intentions of staying organized but it doesn’t happen. My old son Jared, who is 14, has ADHD. He struggled in school with keeping his school work & papers organized and he also forgot to turn things in on time. He’s homeschooled now but still, he has work that needs to be done in a certain timeframe and needs to learn to be more organized to help him for his future.
When I was asked to review an Academic Planner from Order Out of Chaos, I couldn’t wait to check it out! Leslie Josel started Order Out of Chaos back in 2004. Leslie, a mom of a son that was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Executive Dysfunction and some learning issues in kindergarten, did her research and wanted to help her son become organized & succeed. She had always been someone who made lists and was organized so bringing that knowledge & compassion to others was a perfect fit. When Leslie first started her business, she focused on the chronically disorganized, such as people with ADHD, those with learning challenges or hoarding behaviors. In 2008, Leslie added relocation & downsizing services to her business.
The Academic Calendar is a perfect fit for any student that wants (and/or desperately needs) help to get and stay organized. The planner makes it easy to see the due dates for assignments and what after school activities the student has. The student is able to plan time for their schoolwork around those after-school activities so things don’t get forgotten or left until the last minute!
You can head over & see a video that Leslie put together, highlighting all the features of the Academic Planner. I look forward to using this Academic Planner with Jared, my son. Putting him in charge of the planning, so that he can learn to organize things for himself, is going to be a huge help in his schoolwork!
Special Features of the 2013-2014 Order Out Of Chaos Academic Planner
- A customizable index page at the front of the planner enables students to record their class subjects (7 subject boxes) only once. Eliminates forgetfulness and frustration.
- Weekly planner pages line up on a subject-by-subject basis, creating an easy method for students to record and review their weekly schedules.
- Days of the week are listed horizontally across the planner, allowing students to quickly see assignments and due dates and creating continuity that is critical to developing time management skills.
- Includes space to enter after-school activities and weekend commitments, allowing students to PLAN their weekly workload.
- The unique grid system quickly reveals both scheduled and available blocks of time, facilitating weekly time management and planning strategies.
- Larger size pages (7” x 11” interior pages) allow for more room to write assignments and appointments.
- NEW FEATURE! Handy vinyl back pocket holds notes, slips and other necessary papers.
- NEW FEATURE! Three-hole punching allows for easy placement in binders.
- NEW FEATURE! Durable laminated covers and sturdy spiral binding stands up to students’ school bags and lockers.
- Based on a school calendar (August to July).
To buy any of the products featured here, or to learn more about Order Out Of Chaos, please visit their website. You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. You can subscribe to the Order Out Of Chaos Newsletter HERE to stay up to date with the latest news, tips, and resources.
Come back on July 22nd (12:01am EST) to enter our Back To School Giveaway Event, where you can win a 2013-2014 Academic Planner from Order Out Of Chaos! There will be a BIG prize pack for one lucky winner so don’t forget!