Growing up, there were certain recipes that my Grandma made often and ones that when I smell them baking or cooking, remind me of her right away. As she’s gotten older, she’s not able to cook & bake like she used to and I know that that makes her sad. Whenever I make a dish that is hers, I always call her and tell her, like when I make her Cheesy Baked Beans. This recipe for Maple Nut Crisps is very similar to a recipe she’d make and let us help her with when we were little. While we were mostly just pouring, we felt like we had just baked the most amazing thing ever.
Maple Nut Crisp Cookies are pretty simple to make and are very tasty! Like with my Grandma and our “baking”, this recipe is a good one to have the kids help you with (but be careful, it does get hot!). Makes about 60 Maple Nut Crisp Cookies.
- 60 Club Crackers (That's about half of a box)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and layer crackers on paper. Place the crackers side by side, touching each end and try to completely fill the baking sheet with crackers. You may have to turn some sideways, this is fine.
- Stirring constantly, melt butter, sugar and maple syrup over medium heat on the stove. Bring to a boil and continue to cook and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Mine took about two minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts. Place a dollop of the nut mixture on each cracker. Don't worry about making it perfect. When it bakes, it melts across the entire cracker.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The tops will bubble. I took mine out when the bubbles were a little less shiny. Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. At this point, when my crisps were still warm, I broke them apart. After breaking warm crisps apart, cool completely on a wire rack and store in an airtight container. If you wait until the crisps are completely cooled, they often break uneven and in all sorts of pieces.
- Makes about 60 crisps.
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- Britax Frontier ClickTight Harnessed Booster Seat Giveaway - September 19, 2017
- Learning About The Different Systems of the Human Body - September 12, 2017
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – Paleo Friendly - September 7, 2017