This post is brought to you by GigaSavvy. All thoughts & opinions are my own.
Growing up in Southern California, we were lucky to be able to go to the various amusements parks around us. Knott’s Berry Farm has always been my favorite and I’m happy to say it’s the favorite of my own kids. Whenever we are able to go and experience Knott’s either on our own or for a special press event, my kids are always so excited and can’t wait to go. In between events, they’re always asking when we get to visit again!
My favorite time of year to visit Knott’s Berry Farm is right before Christmas! Knott’s Merry Farm has been a seasonal tradition since 1985 and this year you can celebrate the season from November 22 through January 4th, 2015. Throughout the park, you will see beautiful decorations, live entertainment, festive food and a shopping area that is filled with gifts and beautiful items that you can buy (made by local artists and artisans).
- No visit to Knott’s Merry Farm is complete without catching a performance by the world famous beagle, Snoopy as he performs a brand new ice spectacular,Merry Christmas, Snoopy! inside of the 2,100 Charles M. Schulz Theatre.
- Experience a unique live performance of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol or O. Henry’s A Gift of the Magi in an intimate setting of the historic Bird Cage Theatre.
- When the sun sets on the Farm, Calico Stage lights up with the celebration of the season in Snoopy’s Merriest Tree Lighting. Join us for a musical, whimsical tree lighting featuring a cast of Toy Soldiers, Snowmen, Elves and America’s most famous beagle, Snoopy!
- Over in Camp Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Linus and Lucy invite you to dance, sing and join in on the holiday fun in the Camp Snoopy Theatre.
- Introduced in 2013, the Ghost Town and Calico Railroad celebrate Christmas on Engine 41. Climb aboard a vintage railcar and meet an ever-changing group of Ghost Town residents eager to share their Christmas plans and songs with you.
- Ghost Town also celebrates of the sounds of the season with its very own Dickensian vocal quartet, Calico Carolers and interactive country Christmas blue grass quartet, the Ghost Town Miners.
Knott’s Berry Farm’s culinary elves have created delicious festive treats including Santa’s homemade cookies, sundae bar, decadent hot chocolate topped with hand carved chocolate shavings, and winter wine and craft beer tastings. Savor the ultimate comfort foods with Knott’s world famous desserts, including fresh made-to-order Maple Lollipops, churros from the Churro Factory, cakes, cookies, muffins and gingerbread men in the Farm Bakery, as well as the legendary cooking at Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant.
Santa’s Christmas Cabin
Christmas wouldn’t be complete without visiting Santa Claus. The Wilderness Dance Hall in Ghost Town becomes home to Santa’s Christmas Cabin for the holiday season. Here, the young and the young at heart can share their wish lists with jolly Santa Claus and take home a picture of the occasion.
Here, guests can also indulge in holiday delights such as:
- Santa’s homemade cookies
- Hot fudge sundae bar
- Decadent hot chocolate topped with hand carved chocolate shavings
- Winter wine and craft beer tastings paired with fresh fruit, cheese and more!
Christmas Crafts Village
Relax and unwind in Knott’s Christmas Crafts Village as it transforms Ghost Town into a shopping wonderland filled with dozens of local artists and artisans selling their unique wares including a chainsaw sculptor and glass blower. Entrance to the Knott’s Christmas Crafts Village is free Monday through Thursday and is included daily with theme park admission.
Plus, if you’re thinking about getting someone special a Holiday gift, I can’t think of a better one than a Knott’s Berry Farm 2015 Season Pass! The season pass is a fantastic gift because the person you are buying it for gets unlimited trips to Knott’s in 2015 for 9 easy payments of $8.50! You’ll also get great deals like Bring-A-Friend Days, In-Park discounts and more!
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- Countdown to Camp: How to Get Yourself and Your Kid Ready! - May 18, 2017
- 4 Simple Things You Can Do To Save Energy - May 15, 2017
- Grill Any Time, Any Place with a Hamilton Beach Indoor Searing Grill - May 11, 2017