Now that Fall is finally here (it’s been hot here in San Diego!), I can’t help but think about yummy foods to make. Soups, chili, chowder, and so much more! The best way I can think of to make all that yummy goodness is with a slow cooker. I use a slow cooker all year long and it’s so amazing to realize at 5pm that dinner is pretty much taken care of for the night!
I was super thrilled when the wonderful people over at Hamilton Beach asked me if I would like to try out their Set & Forget® 6 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooker and I couldn’t say yes fast enough. For the last several years, I have faithfully been using my Hamilton Beach slow cooker but it wasn’t programmable so upgrading to this baby was amazing! If you’re looking for a new slow cooker for your cooking needs, you have to check this one out. Whether you’re a working parent, a stay at home parent or anyone that wants to come home to a hot, home-cooked meal the Set & Forget® Slow Cooker is fantastic because no matter what you are cooking, when the time is up, it automatically shifts to keep your food warm until you’re ready to serve it.
If you want to cook a large piece of meat in the slow cooker, all you have to do is place the meat in the 6 quart removable stoneware crock (which will fit a 6 lb. chicken or a 4 lb. roast), insert the probe through the lid of the slow cooker, set the desired meat temperature and when that temperature is reached, the Set & Forget® Slow Cooker automatically shifts to keep your food warm. No more hoping & praying your roast is done when you cut into to it and also, no overdone meat as well.
The Hamilton Beach Set & Forget® 6 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooker is perfect for parties and potlucks too. On the side of the slow cooker, you’ll find clips that allow everything to be clip-locked and secured so nothing will spill on you or on your car.
I love the 6 quart removable stoneware crock because it’s very easy to remove and put in the dishwasher when dinner is finished. I had a slow cooker before without the removable crock and it was awful to clean! That feature is a MUST for any slow cooker I own from now on.
Hamilton Beach Set & Forget® 6 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooker Features
- Three (3) choices for easy, automatic cooking: program, probe and manual
- Probe mode is perfect for cooking large cuts of meat or for recipes that require food to reach a certain temperature
- Thermometer probe reads the actual temperature of food as it cooks; the temperature is displayed on the slow cooker control panel
- Travel-friendly design secures contents en route to parties, potlucks, family gatherings and tailgating
- The lid securely seals in place with sturdy wire clips on each handle
- 6 quart removable stoneware crock fits a 6 lb. chicken or a 4 lb. roast
- Wraparound, even heat cooks food evenly and consistently
- Full-grip handles make carrying heavy meals easier
- Power interrupt protection keeps slow cooker on during a brief power outage
- Questions are supported by a toll-free call center located in the U.S.
- Backed with a one-year warranty
One of my 15 year old sons favorite meals I make is a SUPER easy recipe that when I first made it, I didn’t even think that I would like it! So, even though it sounds weird and “How can that even be good?”, I promise you it is!
- 1 package frozen meatballs
- 1 jar grape jelly
- 1 jar chili sauce
- (equal parts jelly & chili sauce)
- Place frozen meatballs in slow cooker.
- Mix together jelly & chili sauce in a bowl. Pour over meatballs and stir to cover.
- Cook on low 2-4 hours (It took about 2 1/2 hours in my Hamilton Beach Set & Forget® 6 Qt. Programmable Slow Cooke)r
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 8 Math Apps Your Kids Will Beg to Play - March 28, 2018
- 10+ Fun Ways to Teach Your Kids About the 5 Senses - March 25, 2018
- 10 Ways to Plant a Garden, Even When You Don’t Have the Space for One - March 21, 2018