Growing up, my Grandma loved baking and cooking for all of us. There were several dishes that we all just knew she was going to make for family get togethers. One of the things she made (and we all LOVED) was Gooey Butter Cake. It’s very simple to make and is extremely yummy (but also VERY sweet!)
This recipe is easy enough for my kid’s to help with and we go to try out our new Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer. My kids always get excited when they know I’m making Gooey Butter Cake & love helping me bake it!
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Stick Soft Margarine
- 3 Eggs
- 1 lb. Box Powdered Sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) Container Cream Cheese
- Mix yellow cake mix, margarine and one of the eggs together by hand or mixer. Mixture will be crumbly. Press into a 13x9 inch pan. (I used a 9x9 inch pan & it came out perfectly fine)
- Mix the remaining 2 eggs, powdered sugar & cream cheese together and pour over the crust mixture.
- Bake approx. 40 minutes at 350°. Cake is gooey but will have a little crunch to the top of it when done.
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- Countdown to Camp: How to Get Yourself and Your Kid Ready! - May 18, 2017
- 4 Simple Things You Can Do To Save Energy - May 15, 2017
- Grill Any Time, Any Place with a Hamilton Beach Indoor Searing Grill - May 11, 2017