My kids love playing board games & I’m happy about that because I grew up loving board games, too. When I find games that are also educational, it’s a HUGE bonus for me!
I was lucky enough to receive some fun and educational board games from Super Duper Publications. Super Duper features a lot of great products for kids of all ages and also for kids that need help in special areas. My 5 1/2 year old son is in a special needs Kindergarten classroom and has been in speech therapy since he was 3 1/2. While looking through the Super Duper catalog, I noticed that there were lots of fun things for kids with articulation issues like my son, plus other things that we will be working on in the future like occupational therapy & social skills.
We were lucky enough to be able to review five games from Super Duper, plus a stocking stuffer. Here are the 5 things we reviewed and a little about them:
- MagneTalk® Telling Time Game (Grades Pre K+, $21.95) Do you know what time it is? Kids learn to tell time in two different ways – first, on the traditional face clock, and then on the digital clock! Get a jump on early numbering and reading skills with the bonus “Sentence Maker” section. Use this section to match sentences to the clocks or add your own fun activities. Game includes one sturdy, magnetic game board (14″ x 18″), 24 magnetic number tiles (1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″), 47 magnetic “Sentence Maker” tiles
- Go For The Dough® Board Game (Grades Pre K+, $49.95) Deliver pizzas, make big bucks, and increase vocabulary! Your students will love this fast-paced, vocabulary enriching and word meaning (semantics) board game. Go for the Dough! will help your children improve their word recall, describing, semantic flexibility, and phonemic awareness skills.
- Story Prediction (Grades 1-8, $32.95) This Story Prediction Fun Deck with Super Duper Secret Decoder has 56 cards to improve your students’ ability to predict what will happen next. Students listen to or read a story and choose the answer that makes the most sense for the story ending. Students can self-check answers with the Super Duper Secret Decoder. Just hold the decoder over the answer choices. The correct answer is highlighted in invisible ink!
- MagneTalk® Yogarilla® Exercises Game (Grades Pre K+, $21.95) OTis the Gorilla wants to show you how to form your body into a tree, cricket, bridge, and many more objects with this MagneTalk Yogarilla magnetic game! Children will enjoy working on strength, balance, and motor planning as they imitate OTis doing 15 different yoga poses.
- Turtle Talk® Fluency and Language Game (Grades Pre K+, $54.95) Here is a friendly turtle that wants to help your students with their smooth and easy speech—and then skate with them around a turtle track collecting Turtle Tokens™. In this innovative fluency and language game, players pick a card, answer a skill level question, roll the die, “skate” around the board, and receive Turtle Tokens™ (found inside the turtle) as they go!
- Stocking Stuffer: Electronic Spinner (All grades, $10.95) Brighten up your therapy games with this Electronic Spinner! Push the middle button and watch the colorful lights travel around numbers 1-6. Turn the beeping sound on or off as you like. The spinner includes a tiny screwdriver and two 1.5 volt button cell batteries. Diameter is 3″.
All of these great games have been well received in our home. My daughter, who is in 6th grade & loves writing and reading, has been having a lot of fun with the Story prediction cards. My 5 1/2 year old has LOVED the MagneTalk® Telling Time Game. He loves learning to tell time and has been playing this with his dad over the holiday break.
This coming Monday (December 2nd) is Cyber Monday! When you are shopping online, make sure to do some shopping at Super Duper Publications. Use coupon code DHSHFMWU to receive 15% off your purchase! This coupon code is good until December 20th. Shipping is free on all orders of $20 or more for anywhere in the United States and Canada. Aside from their great website, you can also find Super Super on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & YouTube.
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 8 Math Apps Your Kids Will Beg to Play - March 28, 2018
- 10+ Fun Ways to Teach Your Kids About the 5 Senses - March 25, 2018
- 10 Ways to Plant a Garden, Even When You Don’t Have the Space for One - March 21, 2018