Fall is here, can you feel it in the air? I wish I could say I could but here in the desert of Southern CA, it’s been in the low to mid-90’s all week. It’s hard to really enjoy the season when it’s still this hot but we’re trying to make the best of it!
This past week, we drove past a church that had a sign out front talking about the beauty of Fall. My 14-year-old daughter looked around and commented on how Fall isn’t very pretty around here and truth be told, she’s right. But, we did talk about how pretty it is in other states with the leaves changing and the temperature dropping.
With Fall comes Halloween and that is always a fun time! Have your kid’s already picked out their Halloween costumes? I have to admit that we haven’t even talked about it around here! Again, it’s hard to get into the mood with these high temperatures but we attempted to do just that last night when we made a fun dessert!
These Frankenstein Halloween Brownies are simple to make, kids LOVE decorating them and they’re delicious. They’re perfect for a fun dessert or for your spooky Halloween party!
- 1 box Brownie Mix (plus required eggs, oil and water as directed on box)
- White Frosting (your favorite homemade recipe or store bought)
- Candy eyes
- Mini M&M’s
- Small pretzel sticks
- Green food coloring
- Black gel decorating icing
- Prepare brownie mix according to box directions. Cool completely once baking has finished.
- Mix green food coloring into white frosting until desired shade is reached. Spread a thin and even layer of the green frosting onto the brownies.
- Cut and carefully remove brownies from dish and place on a flat surface covered with parchment paper.
- Using the black gel decorating icing, add thin lines across the top of each brownie for hair. Next, draw a straight line (can be slanted and/or drawn with several lines across it) for the mouth.
- Add two eyes onto each brownie.
- Add a mini M&M for the nose.
- Break a small pretzel stick in half and insert a half into each side of the bottom portion of the brownie (just beneath the mouth).
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- For The Little Ones Holiday Giveaway - November 16, 2017
- Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Sneak Peek is Here - November 14, 2017
- Enter to win the Step2 McLaren 570S Push Sports Car - November 1, 2017