This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success® Rice. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When I cook dinner, I’m not exactly adventurous when it comes to recipes or being able to just “throw” things together. It seems like whenever I make rice with dinner, it either doesn’t come out right (not done enough or overdone) or it’s just a side dish and boring. When I had the chance to make a recipe with Success® Rice, I wanted to find something different, something new and something my family would love.
I looked through all my cookbooks and thought about what I wanted to make. I just couldn’t come up with anything that didn’t have me just making some chicken concoction and dumping it on top of rice. So, after I bought Success® Rice, I looked on the back on the box, hoping & praying that there was some recipe I could use. The first one I saw was for Creamy Pesto Chicken & Rice. Three out of 5 of us LOVE Pesto (they younger 2 are picky so I knew they weren’t going to try this at all).
- 1 bag Success® White Rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pesto, prepared
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine onions and garlic and sauté until tender. Stir in peas and chicken. Add cream cheese, stir until melted. Stir in broth, cream, pesto, parsley and Parmesan cheese, mix well. Remove from heat and stir in rice.
- Garnish with pepper to taste.
I absolutely LOVED this recipe and can’t wait to make it again. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to cook the Success® Rice. You honestly just put 1 quart of water into a medium saucepan, put in 1 bag of rice, bring water to a boil and boil uncovered for 8-10 minutes. I wondered if they rice would be undercooked or overcooked but it really was perfect. Our rice wasn’t just a boring side dish but was a wonderful main dish that we all loved a lot! I can’t wait to try to Basmati and Jasmine rices because those are 2 of my favorite rices!
Success® Rice is the ORIGINAL no mess, no measure boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in less than 10 minutes. The white and brown rice can sit for up to 30 minutes before being served, making it foolproof. You can visit www.successrice.com and Like the Success® Rice Facebook page for recipes and tips on how to make meal times easier & more fun!
With 4 varieties available including: Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice and Success® White Rice, and globally-inspired aromatic varieties of Success® Rice, including fragrant Thai Jasmine or Basmati Rice, there’s a variety everyone in your family will love. Try your own twist on one of your favorite recipes by swapping an aromatic variety into some of your go-to rice dishes. To accommodate various households, Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice and Success® White Rice comes in two different sizes – 14 oz. or 32 oz.
So what are you waiting for? Use this coupon for $.50 off your next box so you can add this staple to your kitchen pantry: http://bit.ly/YwIYtq
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success® Rice.
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- Britax Frontier ClickTight Harnessed Booster Seat Giveaway - September 19, 2017
- Learning About The Different Systems of the Human Body - September 12, 2017
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – Paleo Friendly - September 7, 2017