Do you find it easy to whip up quick, healthy meals? Or are you like me & don’t have a creative bone in your body when it comes to cooking? With 3 active kids and a husband that usually gets home at 6ish, I am usually panicking because I don’t know what to fix or I forgot to pick up an ingredient at the store. Having something that is quick & easy is key!
I love using Minute Rice as a base for meals. In just 5 minutes, you can have great tasting & fluffy rice with Minute® White Rice. If you prefer a more nutty, rich flavor, you can use Minute 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice. This rice has the same nutritional values as regular long cooking rice but takes just 10 minutes to cook!
I found a recipe on Minute Rice’s site that seemed very easy and that caught my eye. Using rotisserie chicken & Minute Rice helped me to get dinner ready really quickly. Having Minute Rice in my pantry saves a lot of time, as does buying rotisserie chicken from the store. They are delicious and save me a lot of time.
Makes 2 servings (I doubled it)
2 servings Minute White Rice
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp lime zest
1 tsp lime juice
1 cup cooked diced chicken breast
2 T sweet chili sauce
2 T dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl combine rice, coconut milk, lime zest and juice.
- In a medium microwave-safe dish combine chicken and sauce. Microwave on HIGH until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve chicken over rice and top with peanuts. Garnish with fresh basil and a lime slice (optional)
If you get in a dinner rut like I do, make sure you visit Minute Rice’s website for over 400 recipe ideas and more information about all the products Minute Rice makes.
Minute® Rice is so quick and easy to prepare and is great pantry staple. When meal time seems like a hassle, Minute® Rice is a go-to ingredient your whole family will love and allows you to have more quality time doing what your want with your loved ones.
Leftover rotisserie chicken or veggies from a meal earlier in the week? Minute® Rice can easily be paired with some of your leftover ingredients to make a quick, easy and wholesome meal your whole family will love in just a matter of minutes.
Visit http://www.minuterice.com/ to create a great main meal or side dish for your next family get-together or potluck.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- Back to School Shopping and Saving with Kohl’s - August 17, 2017
- Keeping Kids Full with Nature Valley XL Bars - August 16, 2017
- Saving Money on Summer Road Trips with Walmart Family Mobile - August 7, 2017