This post brought to you by KRAFT Natural Shredded Cheese and Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
I am admittedly not the best cook in the world. I try, I really do but no one is going to be offering me my own TV cooking show anytime soon. I really love being able to pull things together quickly, with quality ingredients and not with recipes that need 47 ingredients that I’ll never use again.
I decided to try a recipe from KRAFT that while easy, was sort of out of my comfort zone ( I don’t make a lot of recipes with shrimp but I love eating it!). The first thing I did was head over to my nearest Safeway store (Vons for us here in Southern CA, where I use all the great Safeway Just For You deals) I headed on over to the cheese section and found something pretty neat. KRAFT has come out with new packaging! KRAFT Natural Cheese Stand-Up Pouch at Safeway stores has the same amount of cheese in the new packaging (2 cups) as before but now has less packaging and stands up on it’s own so it’s easier to scoop cheese out of the package or stick your hand in for the right amount of cheese for your food. Only one hand needed, which is perfect for when you’re cooking!
When I’m making things like enchiladas and adding sauce, chicken, cheese, etc. to the tortillas, it’s always hard to have the cheese package falling over as I try to put my hand in to grab cheese for each enchilada. Now, I know I can grab some cheese from a KRAFT Natural Cheese Stand-Up Pouch & not make a mess, spilling cheese on the counter & wasting it!
So, now onto our easy Kraft recipe! I chose to do the Cheddar-Shrimp Nachos. My husband & 15 year old son were really happy to be the guinea pigs for this one. We all loved this recipe and loved that we could put our own spin on it, like adding sour cream, salsa, more jalapenos, etc.
- 2 T KRAFT Zesty Italian dressing (divided)
- 3/4 lb. frozen cooked cleaned medium shrimp (thawed)
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 T blackened seasoning (I made my own)
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 1 package (8 oz) KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- 1 chopped green onion
- 2 T chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeno pepper (I used canned because I hate cutting up jalapenos)
- HEAT large cast iron skillet on high heat until very hot and starts to smoke. Add 1 Tbsp. dressing, shrimp, red peppers and seasoning; cook and stir 1 to 2 min. or until shrimp is heated through and evenly coated with dressing mixture. Stir in remaining dressing.
- COVER large microwaveable plate with layers of half each of the chips, shrimp mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
- MICROWAVE on HIGH 1 to 2 min. or until cheese is melted, rotating plate after each minute. Top with onions, cilantro and jalapenos.
- Optional: Top with sour cream, salsa, queso sauce, etc.
Find the KRAFT Natural Cheese Stand-Up Pouch at any of these retailers:
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- Britax Frontier ClickTight Harnessed Booster Seat Giveaway - September 19, 2017
- Learning About The Different Systems of the Human Body - September 12, 2017
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – Paleo Friendly - September 7, 2017