Even though I don’t have kids in college yet, I already worry about how we’re going to afford everything. Even at a community college, fees have gone up & books are SO expensive. When I was going to college, I wish Campus Book Rentals would have been around! It would have made it a lot easier to go to college!
If you’ve never heard of Campus Book Rentals, let me share some things I learned about them:
- You save 40-90% off of bookstore prices when you rent from them
- Free shipping to you & it’s also free when you send them back!
- Flexible renting periods (you can even set your own return date)
- You can highlight in your textbooks
- They offer a 30 Day Guarantee (Any book returned within the first 30 days after the order date will be refunded 100%)
- You are able to re-rent your books (If you need to retake a class you can re-rent your book for 30% less than the original rental price)
- A portion of every book rented is donated to Operation Smile
Probably my favorite thing about Campus Book Rentals is the donations to Operation Smile. Operation Smile is an organization that performs life changing cleft lip surgeries on children whose families could not otherwise afford it. Campus Book Rentals has committed to donating enough money to cover a minimum of 1,000 life changing surgeries! That is amazing!
When I was in college, I started studying Child Development (marriage & kids got in the way LOL). But, I wanted to look up a few Child Dev, books to see what kind of savings I would have gotten if Campus Book Rentals was around back in Medieval Times (ok, it was 1995 but still!). I randomly looked up THIS BOOK and I saw that I could rent it for $14.86 for a semester. Then I went over to Amazon to see what it would cost to buy it. I was shocked to learn it would be $143.49!!! Are you kidding me? I decided to look up another one just to be sure so I chose THIS BOOK and saw it was $80.99 to rent for a semester. To buy that book brand new, it is $142.99! That’s a great savings!
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions are 100% mine and are in no way influenced by any outside sources.