As a kid, I LOVED playing with play dough. My mom had all of these fun toys that we used to cut the dough, shape it into fun “foods” or whatever or imaginations allowed. As I got older, I remember helping in my Grandma’s Sunday School class & loved when she would make her homemade play dough because I could love playing with the little kids and help them create such fun things.
When my kids got older, we definitely had play dough but they didn’t seem to like it the same way I did as a kid. I even asked my girlfriend if it would be weird if a 40-year-old woman bought herself some play dough from Walmart. Asking for a friend, of course!
That’s why I am in love with this Build a Play Dough Snowman Kit. It’s not only so much fun to make with your kids for your own family but it’s also such a great gift idea!
I used to be too afraid to make my own play dough but then I did it a few times & I loved how it turned out! It’s not hard at all & my kids have always loved helping me with it!
Make Your Own Build a Play Dough Snowman Kit
- Printable (best printed on white card stock)
- Clear Treat Bags or Sandwich Bags
- White Sparkly Play Dough (Recipe below)
- toothpicks colored orange with marker and trimmed for the nose
- 2 toothpicks colored brown and the ends trimmed off of one and glued to the untrimmed toothpick
to create stick arms
- a strip of felt for a scarf
- sequins for the eyes and mouth
1. Cut out the printables and fold in half.
2. Place play dough and accessories in a clear treat bag.
3. Close the bag by folding it over (cut off some of the excess at the top if needed), and place your folded printable over the top. Staple on each side (vertically) to secure it in place.
4. There is room to write “To” or “From” in addition to a holiday greeting or message on the back.
Recipe for White Sparkly Play Dough
- 3 cups white flour
- 3/4 cups salt
- 3 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or preferred oil)
- 2 ¼ cups boiling water
1. Boil the water while mixing all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and mix. Slowly add the boiling water and mix once more.
3. Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Place the dough on parchment paper or a clean flat surface and knead until it softens and gets smooth.
4. Add preferred amount of glitter and continue to knead the dough so it is mixed throughout.
5. Additional water or flour may be added throughout this process if the dough is too dry or too sticky.
See? Not hard at all! Your kids will love helping you make the play dough and have even more fu
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 8 Math Apps Your Kids Will Beg to Play - March 28, 2018
- 10+ Fun Ways to Teach Your Kids About the 5 Senses - March 25, 2018
- 10 Ways to Plant a Garden, Even When You Don’t Have the Space for One - March 21, 2018