Having a teenage son means that generally, he is always hungry. It’s amazing how much and how fast they can eat. It’s quite remarkable to watch, to be honest. Lately, I have been showing him different things that he can make and fix on his own so I’m not always doing it for him. At 16 years old, I want him to be able to fix a lot of great foods for himself and have fun in the kitchen. I wanted to show him how to make quesadillas but not just a traditional quesadilla. That’s why I came up with these Bacon Pineapple BBQ Chicken Quesadillas sponsored by Foster Farms.
Making these quesadillas is easy to do because we almost always have the ingredients on hand…tortillas, bbq sauce, pineapple, bacon, butter, cheese & Foster Farms chicken. I started off by boiling the Foster Farms Simply Raised Breast Tenders. Then, I combined the bbq sauce, pineapple, bacon & shredded chicken in a bowl, assembled my quesadillas and cooked them on the stove. Easy enough for my son to make for himself and tasty enough for me to make for an easy main dish for dinner for the whole family.
These quesadillas and so many other chicken meals I make are made even better by using Foster Farms® chicken products. With three products to choose from, you’ll always have fresh, great tasting chicken for any recipe you make! Choose from: Foster Farms® Fresh & Natural, Foster Farms® Simply Raised (without antibiotics) and Foster Farms® Organic. Simply Raised without antibiotics by Foster Farms® is now in stores throughout CA, OR, WA and Foster Farms® Organic is in Costco and select grocery stores in the West Coast.
- Six 6in. Flour Tortillas
- 1 lb. Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Breasts or Tenders (cooked)
- 1 c. of your favorite bbq sauce
- 1/2 c. chopped pineapple
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Boil or bake chicken until cooked through. Let cool and then shred into a bowl.
- Add bbq sauce, bacon and pineapple to the shredded chicken and stir until everything is combined.
- Add butter to one side of a tortilla and place into a hot pan, buttered-side down
- Add a handful of cheese, then the chicken mixture, followed by more cheese. Spread a little butter on another tortilla and add it to the top of the quesadilla, buttered-side up.
- Cook until cheese is starting to melt, flip over quesadilla and cook the other side. Cook until cheese is melted and chicken mixture is warm throughout.
- The filing could be used to make four 6in. quesadillas, as well. I stuffed my 3 quesdaillas full with the chicken mixture.
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms®, the opinions expressed are my own.
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- For The Little Ones Holiday Giveaway - November 16, 2017
- Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Sneak Peek is Here - November 14, 2017
- Enter to win the Step2 McLaren 570S Push Sports Car - November 1, 2017