Writing is a huge part of a student’s curriculum so you definitely want to include that in your homeschooling curriculum! Writing prompts are a really great way to get your kids creative juices flowing but sometimes they can be a difficult to come up with! I have come up with 25 writing prompts that are broken up by categories of age! If you are homeschooling your children and you want to provide them with prompts for writing, be sure to check out this list!
- Imagine that you turned into some sort of creature, write about what kind of creature you are and what you would do as that creature.
- If you could be any type of superhero with any super power, write a story about what your superhero name would be and how you would use your super power!
- Imagine that you could talk to your pets, write a story about what your animals are saying.
- If you were given a $100, what would you do with it?
- Describe your perfect job for when you grow up.
- If you became famous, what would you have done to become famous?
- If you could choose any person from history to be, who would you choose and why?
- If you could break any world record, which one would you choose to break?
- If you were given money as a gift would you save it for something special, or buy something right away?
- Say you invented a time machine, what year would you travel to? Describe your day in that period of time.
- Imagine that you are playing in your backyard and a spaceship lands in your yard, what happens?
- You can describe any mythical creature you want, describe what type of creature you would create.
- If you could create a brand new holiday, what would you create and how would the country celebrate it?
- If you could choose any TV show to guest star on for one day, which would you choose and why?
- Write about 5 things in your life that you cannot live without.
- Think about your very first memory, write about the experience.
- If you could pick any character from any book to come to life, who would you choose and why?
- Imagine that you get stuck in a foreign country, how would you find your way around communicate with the locals?
- If you could be the teacher for a day, what would you teach your students?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Imagine that a story is being made about your life, write about who stars in the movie and what the movie entails.
- Imagine ALL types of social media are shut down for a day, how will you spend your free time.
- Describe your dream house including location.
- What is the most difficult part of being a teen?
- If you could create and pass any law for your state, what would it be and why?
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 45 Weight Watchers Recipes to Start You on Your Weight Loss Journey - December 14, 2017
- Reindeer Treat Bags - December 8, 2017
- Build a Play Dough Snowman Kit - December 4, 2017