Being able to give that special someone the perfect gift or doing something small for someone else just because is always an amazing feeling. While I love giving gifts, I think being able to do little things for people when they are least expecting it is even better. Life moves so fast and sometimes we just need to slow down, think about doing something nice for someone else and in return that will put a smile on our face, as well!
Random Acts of Kindness Ideas That Are Sure to Put a Smile on Someone’s Face
- Pay for the person behind you at the drive-thru when you’re buying your coffee in the morning
- Ask your elderly neighbor if you can pick up something for them when you’re at the grocery store
- Sit with your elderly neighbor for an hour and just listen to them talk
- On trash day, take their trash cans to the curb so they don’t have to
- Hold the door open for the mom that’s trying to push a stroller, juggle a toddler and keep it all together
- Shovel a neighbor’s snow or rake their leaves
- Bake a cake or cookies & take it over to a neighbor’s house that’s just moved in (or even a neighbor you don’t know very well)
- Have fruit trees in your yard or grow veggies? Offer the extras to your neighbors or friends
- Thinking about a friend or relative? Drop them a greeting card just to say hi
- Offer to load groceries in a vehicle for an elderly shopper or a mom with kids
All of these things are small but can have a lasting effect. Once you do something that’s nice for someone, they usually want to do something nice for someone else and it will hopefully keep going. We need more positivity and love in the world, wouldn’t you say?
Cheerios has been a part of my family since I was a little kid and even more so after I had my first son. Cheerios were one of the first (if not THE first) things my son would pick up with his little tiny fingers and shove into his mouth on his own. Even now, you can almost always find a box of Honey Nut Cheerios in our pantry. Now, Cheerios & Walmart have a fantastic promotion called “Buy a box, Give a box”. Purchase a Family Size box of specially marked Cheerios and inside you will find a code, which you can enter here, and a coupon for a free box of Cheerios will be sent to someone that matters to you. Buy a box for your family & enjoy it; Give a box to another person or family so they can enjoy it as well.
Who would you share a box of Cheerio’s with?
Find your code inside specially marked packages in stores and enter it on http://wm6.walmart.com/Gluten-Free-Cheerios to send a coupon for a free box of Cheerios to someone that matters.
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 8 Math Apps Your Kids Will Beg to Play - March 28, 2018
- 10+ Fun Ways to Teach Your Kids About the 5 Senses - March 25, 2018
- 10 Ways to Plant a Garden, Even When You Don’t Have the Space for One - March 21, 2018