Every year, Disneyland attracts millions of visitors who come to enjoy the rides, food, characters and sights. In 2015, over 18 million people visited, making it the second most visited theme park in the world (The Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World came in first). With so many people traveling to Southern CA to visit, it’s always hard to know where to stay that’s close to Disneyland but also accessible to other family-friendly activities in Anaheim, CA.
The new Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anaheim, CA fits that bill perfectly! It’s within walking distance to Disneyland and many other attractions in the area. Read on to learn more about 10 Family-Friendly Activities in Anaheim, CA and how you can win a night stay at a Country Inn & Suites By Carlson.
10 Family-Friendly Activities in Anaheim, CA (that aren’t Disneyland)
- Discovery Cube Orange County – This science center has over 100 hands-on science experiments that your kids (and you!) will love. Not only do they feature permanent exhibits (Science of Hockey, Eco Challenge, Dino Quest and the Boeing Rocket Lab), there are also traveling exhibits which make it fun to come back and visit over & over again.
- Pretend City Children’s Museum – Pretend City is a child-sized city that features 17 interactive exhibits and activities. Kids are able to take on roles around the city and use creativity, social skills, math, reading and more to learn through play.
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament – Want to experience a medieval jousting tournament, knights on horseback, real weapons, AND a delicious 4-course meal? Then this is right up your alley!
- Pirate’s Dinner Adventure – Maybe you prefer pirates over knights? Enjoy a 4-course meal while watching the action that is set on an 18th Century ship in a 250,000-gallon lagoon.
- Adventure City – If you’re looking for an amusement park but maybe on a smaller scale, check out Adventure City. Here you’ll find 17 rides, shows, and attractions.
- Marconi Automotive Museum – Have a car lover in your family? This museum features a 30 million-dollar collection of historical, exotic, and classic cars. This museum is only open during the week and features a self-guided tour ranging from 30 minutes to an hour and a half. They only ask for a $5 donation that goes to help children’s charities in the local community.
- Anaheim Packing District – This restored citrus packing house features 20+ artisan eateries and also has live music every weekend. Farmers Park (the outdoor marketplace/park) hosts weekend farmer markets, concerts, movies & festivals.
- Angel Stadium of Anaheim – If you visit during baseball season, make sure to check out a game! You can find the 2017 schedule here.
- Kidseum at Bowers Museum – This museum is high-tech & hands on, plus has the mission of “Igniting imagination through exploration”. The Kidseum is geared for kids Prek-2nd grade and all tours are guided by specially trained staff.
- Concourse Bowling – This one is a personal favorite of ours. Lots of great lanes for bowling, an arcade for the kids, delicious food and a great bar. Our family has had a lot of fun at Concourse bowling and always love hanging out with friends here.
So, now that you know WHAT you’re going to do when you visit Disneyland and all of these exciting, family-friendly activities, you have to know WHERE you’re going to stay. The new Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Anaheim, CA is within walking distance to Disneyland and has so many amazing amenities and perks for your family:
- 174-room newly constructed hotel
- Modern interiors with stylish furnishings
- Spacious rooms with spa inspired bathrooms
- Complimentary hot breakfast
- Bar serving spirits, wine, beer and lite menu fare
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour fitness center
- Large outdoor patio with pool and whirlpool
- Great view of Disneyland’s fireworks
You’ll save money by being able to walk to Disneyland and by enjoying a complimentary hot breakfast each morning of your stay!
Want to win a nights stay at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? I will randomly choose one person to win a one night stay at a Country Inn & Suites By Carlson location of their choice. Giveaway ends at 11:59pm (Pacific) on January 31st, 2017.
Entry #1: Check out all the great locations that Country Inn & Suites By Carlsonhotel has to offer, then come back here and leave a comment below telling me which location you want to stay at if you win.
Entry #2: Watch this short video, then come back here and leave me a separate comment below telling me one thing you learned from it. Good luck!
We have a winner! Congratulations to: Sarah Brushaber. Your voucher for a free night’s stay will be on it’s way to you very soon. Thank you to everyone that entered!
Latest posts by Tara (see all)
- 8 Math Apps Your Kids Will Beg to Play - March 28, 2018
- 10+ Fun Ways to Teach Your Kids About the 5 Senses - March 25, 2018
- 10 Ways to Plant a Garden, Even When You Don’t Have the Space for One - March 21, 2018